Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Real Estate on the Sea Islands in The New Year


Welcome to 2009. Where to start, where to start? In about 10 days we will have a new president. My hope is that the new administration can help pull the country out of the challenging real estate market, get the economy under control and most importantly get things in Iraq and Afghanistan under control as well. Somehow they all seem interconnected to me and helping one of those things will ultimately help the other two.

From my point of view, our year is off to a good start. While we are only 13 days into the New Year, Island Realty has already put 7 properties under contract for a total value of $2,765,900 all due to close within the next 45 days. Additionally Island Realty boasts 48 % of all the active listings on Fripp and 36% of all the active listings on Harbor. Further I/R claims 50% of the new contracts on Fripp and 100% of the new contracts on Harbor.

Dataw remains a challenge to us but we are committed to penetrating that market in '09. With a combination of newsletters, e-blasts, community participation and plain old fashioned hard work, by this time next year our Dataw statistics will be just as impressive as our Fripp and Harbor statistics. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

steve said...

I hope you're right about the new administration being able to turn our country around. I hope he can come up with some solutions other than just printing more money and handing it out to everyone. I'm not sure I understanding how that's going to solve the problem.

I'm hoping to come down and see your beautiful island soon, any chance I can get a tour?

lowcountrybroker said...

Hi Steve,

I agree with your comments. Hopefully the new administration will have long term fixes for the problems we are facing and not just band-aid solutions.

If you come to the lowcountry, I am sure a tour can be arranged for you and your family.

Michelle Basso said...

I have received 3 phone calls this week alone with inquiries about listing property.......This comes from my advertisements, e-mails, and personal contacts. My cell phone has definitely "rung in" the new year! Keep up the great work Island Realty!!